Cabin Campers Terms and Conditions as of January 27. 2022. Valid for reservations after January 27. 2022.
Cabin Campers AS is a small company with a very big heart. Although we have a comprehensive terms and condition agreement found in the pages below, please remember that our wish is for you to have an enjoyable adventure with our campervans. We will to the extent possible use common sense and common decency when that is a better option for you as our customer, than the terms and conditions listed below. We are flexible and adaptable to situations or events that are unlikely but may still arise and will always strive to find the best possible solution. However, as a registered company with legal and other requirements, it is necessary for us to protect both our own company and you as our customer through the specific terms and conditions listed below. If you have any questions, please contact us.
These Terms & Conditions are for all rental bookings throughout Norway.
When completing a reservation with Cabin Campers, you are accepting the terms and conditions listed below.
- THE BASIC: OUR AND YOUR RESPONSIBILIITY
Cabin Campers are responsible for providing a safe and legal vehicle at pick-up.
The guests are responsible for the vehicle and all damages that occurs during the rental period.
- STANDARD VEHICLE PICK-UP TIMES: 15:00
- STANDARD VEHICLE DROP-OFF TIMES: 10:00
- LATE DROP-OFF: Vehicles that are returned one day later than the agreed drop-off time will be charged the day rate applicable to the contract in addition to a 1500 NOK late fee. This will be charged for each day the vehicle is late in addition to any revenue lost or costs incurred because of the vehicle being returned late.
- RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS: All reservations have to be paid before checking in to the vehicle.
- HELPLINE: In case of non-emergency questions and requests, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A reply will be sent within 24 hours. In case of an emergency or urgent matter, please call us at +47 24 077 440. Any problems associated with the vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported to Cabin Campers as soon as possible and within 24 hours to give Cabin Campers the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental period. Failure to notify Cabin Campers will compromise any claims for compensation. We do not accept liability for any claims submitted after this period. If Cabin Campers is either not contacted or the guest does not allow Cabin Campers the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental period, the guest agrees that the problem is of such a minor nature that the guest makes no claim for loss of time in respect of the rental period.
The guest also agrees that Cabin Campers is not responsible for any claims made by the guest after the return of the vehicle. Note: It can often be difficult to carry out repairs during weekends and holiday periods and/or in remote areas due to limited opening times and/or spare parts and Cabin Camper will not provide refunds due to delays in obtaining parts for repairs.
- ONE WAY RENTALS: For pick-up and drop-off to different locations, there will be an extra charge. Please contact us directly for prices.
- RENTAL TIME EXTENSIONS: Rental time extensions are at the discretion of Cabin Campers Management and rely entirely on future demand and availability. Any request for an extension must be communicated as soon as possible and approved by Cabin Campers.
- EARLY DROP-OFF: There is no refund available for the unused portion of the rental should the vehicle be returned earlier than contractually agreed on the rental agreement.
- VEHICLE MODEL AND SIZE: All Cabin Campers vehicles are advertised openly and honestly on our website.
All vehicles are supplied in direct relationship to models booked by the guest. Any cancellation or refusal to take the vehicle that was booked is classed as a cancellation on the day of pick-up and will not be entitled to a refund.
- PICK-UP INSPECTION: An inspection of the vehicle should be conducted by the guest upon pick-up. The inspection should cover external panel and windscreen, internals of the campervan, and inventory supplied. If the guest notices any problems or damages it should be reported to Cabin Campers immediately.
In the case of any issues upon pick-up inspection, please inform Cabin Campers immediately to provide Cabin Campers the opportunity to rectify any points prior to departure.
Once the campervan is picked-up and taken from the pick-up location, the guest agrees that they have received the vehicle in satisfactory condition and no refunds will be provided for issues with the time of pick-up condition of the vehicle from this point forward.
- CANCELLATIONS: Cancellation fees apply as follows:
Cancellations until 15 days before you pick-up will be refunded 100%. Cancellations less than 15 days before pick-up will not be refunded. You can change your dates upon availability until 7 days before pick-up.
- VEHICLE SUBSTITUTIONS: Cabin Campers reserves the right to upgrade to a higher rated vehicle at no extra cost.
- DRIVERS: A current motor vehicle driver’s license is required from all drivers and must be registered at reservation or sent to us prior to check-in. Driving license must be presented at pick-up. Provisional or Probationary licenses will not be accepted. A translation of the driver’s license is also required if it is not in English.
- UNAUTHORISED AND PROHIBITED USE:
The following persons must not drive the Vehicle;
Any person who is not identified on the Rental Agreement
Any person whose blood alcohol concentration exceeds the lawful percentage.
Any person whose driver’s license has been cancelled or suspended.
Any person who is under the influence of legal or illicit drugs.
Any person who holds a learner’s permit or a probationary license.
All insurance cover will be void if any of the above terms are breached.
- DRIVERS AGE: The minimum age for drivers is 18 years.
- TOLL ROADS/FERRIES: Cabin Campers will charge the guest for all toll road passing’s if this is not prepaid at reservations. An E-TOLL tag will be supplied for each campervan. It will be glued to the back of the rear vision mirror. If the E-TAG is lost or damaged during the hire a replacement cost of 500 NOK will be charged. Ferries will be charged the guest after check-out.
- INSURANCE: All Cabin Campers vehicles have Compulsory Third Party insurance cover. CDW (Collision damage waiver) is mandatory in Norway and provides compensation for bodily injuries caused by vehicles. It does not provide cover for any damage to the vehicle.
All Cabin Campers vehicles have Comprehensive Insurance cover, this covers damage to the vehicle, theft of the vehicle, collision, malicious damage and weather damage.
The guest is liable for the cost of damage to the vehicle or third-party property damage up to the amount of 10.000 NOK.
- WRITING AND CALCULATION ERRORS ON RENTAL AGREEMENT: The charges as set out herein are not final. Should a written and/or a calculation error occur, the guest authorizes Cabin Campers to charge their credit card for any shortage, or in case of overpayment, receive payment from Cabin Campers.
- TAXES AND GOVERNMENT CHARGES: All charges are inclusive of 25% VAT.
- GAS: The gas bottle supplied is not always supplied full on pick-up but is refilled by Cabin Campers frequently. A refill can be purchased by the guest, at the cost of Cabin Campers from any gas station. This amount will be reimbursed after rental. The gas bottle is not to be used in conjunction with any appliances (Lamps, BBQs etc.) not provided by Cabin Campers. The guest is responsible for any damage to Cabin Campers property caused by incorrect usage of the gas bottle and gas fittings.
- FUEL: Regular Diesel is to be used in all Cabin Campers campervans. Fuel is to be refilled by the guest when required. The fuel economy of each individual vehicle may vary depending on several contributing factors including but not limited to how the vehicle is driven, tyre pressure, weather and vehicle loading. Cabin Campers will not be held responsible for any variations to fuel economy.
The campervan shall be dropped-off with the same amount of fuel as picked-up. Cabin Campers shall deliver a full tank of diesel to the guest at pick-up and the guests shall deliver back the campervan with a full tank of diesel. If Cabin Camper delivers the campervan with a lower-than full tank, the campervan may be returned with an equal amount. This must however be stated, recognized, and agreed upon by both parties at pick-up.
Vehicles returned with a lower level of fuel than indicated will be charged at the market price + 10% extra charge. If you run out of fuel and request roadside assistance you will be liable for the call out fee, in addition to the cost of the fuel and expenses retrieving the fuel.
- CABIN CAMPERS LIABILITY: Cabin Campers will not be liable to the guest for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused by delayed delivery of the vehicle, or by the vehicle not being suitable for the guest’s purposes. Cabin Campers will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience from change in drop-off location caused by natural disasters such as floods, cyclones, hailstorms, earthquakes, etc., nor for any personal injury or damage to the guest’s property caused thereby.
- TYRE/WINDSCREEN DAMAGE: Tyre damage, flat tyres or spiked tyres are at the cost of the guest. Average tyre prices in Norway are around NOK 2000, so please take care of the vehicle’s tyres. The renter will be responsible for tyre damage and windscreen damage up to NOK 5000.
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PASSENGERS: The guest agrees that the vehicle rented may only be used to carry the maximum number of passengers as shown on the Rental Agreement or as dictated by licensing authorities. Cabin Campers will not accept any liability if these terms are breached.
- VALUABLES: Cabin Campers assumes no liability for valuables left in or stolen from the vehicle. Please note: Insurance on personal property is the guest’s responsibility.
- CLEANING FEE ON RETURN OF VEHICLE: The vehicle will be delivered in a clean condition to the guest, who agrees to forfeit a cleaning fee of 750 NOK should the vehicle not be returned to Cabin Campers in the same clean condition.
- RENTAL REFUSAL: Cabin Campers reserves the right to refuse any rental, or the continuation of any rental at its discretion.
- REPAIRS: Cabin Campers vehicles are always fully maintained and serviced. However, we recognize that occasional breakdowns and small problems will occur. Cabin Campers has a 24/7 agreement on breakdown with our insurance provider.
Should serious problems be encountered; the guest must inform Cabin Campers at the first possible opportunity and follow Cabin Campers instructions. In case of an emergency or urgent matter, please call our administration at +47 24 077 440.
Down time: In all cases the responsibility of Cabin Campers is limited to refunding for the downtime that the vehicle is in a repair shop and the time lost through not being able to drive the vehicle. Minor repairs to mechanical items and oil consumption up to NOK 500 will be reimbursed against receipts on completion of the rental.
Accommodation: No alternative accommodation or food items will be paid for during such down time. However, the client has the right to choose between Cabin Campers refunding for lost time, and Cabin Camper paying the accommodation (to a maximum of NOK 1000 per night).
Flat battery: Should roadside assist be requested by the client due to flat batteries, and it is detected that the cause was due to the fault of the client, the guest will be responsible for the callout fee incurred. If the fault with the battery is due to mechanical problems, there will be no charge.
Cabin Campers is not responsible for damage to the guest’s property caused by water due to leaks. Most travel insurances will however cover such damages.
Refund for lost time: Any refund for on-road problems will be made at the end of the hire. The repair time will be calculated, and the downtime reimbursed at the time of delivery from the repairer. Down time will be calculated in hours, not days, and credited to the guest’s credit card.
Cabin Campers will not be held responsible for the guest’s missing pre-organized tours due to vehicle repairs or breakdowns. Cabin Campers will not reimburse any non-refundable deposits or other associated costs incurred by the guest as a result.
In the event of a vehicle motor overheating and driven continually until it can no longer function, or any damage to the vehicle caused by user error, Cabin Campers has the right under its Terms and Conditions to terminate the rental agreement immediately and to finalize and cancel further use of the vehicle at the guest’s expense. All towing, transport and repairs will be at the guest’s expense.
- MAINTENANCE & RESPONSIBILITY: It is the guest’s responsibility to check and maintain all fluid and fuel levels and to immediately rectify and/or report to Cabin Campers if heavy usage of oil or coolant is occurring or any defect of which the guest becomes aware. It is the guest’s duty to check the fluid levels every five days (or 500km) to ensure fluid levels are correct. Please check fluid levels while the motor is cold early in the mornings. The guest will be held fully responsible for engine damage if the radiator cap is not properly replaced and sealed after checking fluid levels and/or the warning buzzer or dash lights indicating problems for overheating is ignored. On presentation of receipts, Cabin Camper will reimburse refills of all fluids except diesel.
- VEHICLE USE: The guest shall not use the vehicle for anything other than its intended purpose or allow use of the vehicle to carry passengers or goods for hire. The guest shall not allow the vehicle to be used to carry volatile liquids, corrosive or flammable materials or explosives. The guest will not place any signage of any kind on the vehicle to advertise or alter the outside appearance of the vehicle. The guest shall drive the vehicle in a careful and cautious manner and will not do or allow to be done anything to harm the vehicle.
- ROAD RESTRICTIONS: Cabin Campers campervans are not allowed to travel on unsealed (dirt or gravel) roads, or beaches. Travel on these roads voids all damage protection cover. The guest will be liable for all damage caused by traveling on unsealed (dirt or gravel) roads. The full cost of the damage to all parties concerned may be deducted from the guest.
Cabin Campers does not provide any on road assistance or repairs where the vehicle is on unsealed roads, this is the guest’s responsibility entirely to arrange their own assistance on unsealed roads.
- LIVING EQUIPMENT: Living equipment is included in the vehicle. The guest will be charged for any missing or damaged items.
- TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN: Cabin Campers will take no responsibility for incorrect vehicles booked for carrying children and any refusal to take the vehicle that was booked is classed as a cancellation on the day of pick-up and will not be entitled to a refund under any circumstance. We have some campervans suitable for travelling with children under 140 cm and the guest must specify this by reserving a child-safe campervan.
Cabin Campers is not legally permitted to and will not provide any assistance in fitting or selecting child restraints for vehicles or any fines accumulated for children travelling in incorrect child restraints. This is entirely the responsibility of the guest.
- EXTRAS: Extras must be booked in advance and prices our found on the Cabin Campers website. All extras must be returned in the condition they were picked-up.
- CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS: The guest accepts that the Terms and Conditions make this a Norwegian contract and that the guest will be bound by Norwegian Law in which the Agreement is contracted.
This contract overrides any other contract form or contract taken in any other country. Any changes made to this contract may only be in writing and signed by the guest and an authorized agent of Cabin Campers. Cabin Campers makes no express or implied warranty in relation to this Agreement.
- KEYS: The guest will be responsible for the cost of replacing keys which are lost or broken, or for the retrieval of keys locked in a vehicle. Cost of a locksmith travelling to the vehicle will be at the guest’s expense.
- DISCLAIMER: All illustrations, line drawings and text in any of our brochures or advertising material, including our website, are a representation only of the vehicles depicted. Variances in any vehicle or its equipment offered for rental may occur due to modifications and/or upgrades.
- EXCHANGE RATE/CURRENCY FLUCTUATION: All credit card transactions are conducted in Norwegian Crowns (NOK). Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variation in the amount initially debited against the credit card and the amount refunded when the vehicle is returned. Cabin Campers accepts no liability for these variations, up or down.
- ACCIDENTS: In the event of the vehicle being involved in an accident (either single or two or more vehicles involved) where damage in done to either Cabin Campers vehicle, any other vehicle involved in the accident or any person injured, the guest or co hirers must contact Cabin Campers immediately after the accident occurring.
A Cabin Campers insurance form supplied by Cabin Campers must be filled in completely and accurately, with detailed diagrams, descriptions of the accident, complete details from all parties involved in the accident, signed, and dated and forwarded to Cabin Campers immediately. If the above terms and conditions are not adhered to all insurance will be cancelled and the full amount of all repair costs and damages including lost revenue or medical expenses, refunds due to lost time for future customers and accommodation fees required will be forwarded to the guest.
Towing and retrieval of damaged vehicles to the closest Cabin Campers approved location is covered. In the event of an accident resulting in the vehicle being damaged sufficiently to require replacement, it is the guest’s responsibility to make their way to the closest Cabin Campers approved location that has a replacement campervan available. Any expenses incurred whilst travelling to the closest Cabin Campers approved location that has a replacement campervan or motor home available are the guest’s responsibility.
- THE GUEST MUST ENDEVOUR TO DRIVE RESPONSIBLY & SAFELY ALWAYS.
The majority of accidents are caused by driving at night or:
- Driving too fast.
- Driving on the wrong side of the road.
- Turning across oncoming traffic.
- Driving while fatigued, tired or sleepy.
- Animals running across the road.
- Reversing without caution.
- Driving when intoxicated.
- Driving at night.
- The driver becoming distracted by something on the side of the road.
IF PROPER CAUTION AND DUE CARE IS EXCERCISED BY THE DRIVER, MOST THESE ACCIDENTS CAN BE AVOIDED.